The Annual Quiz
- Divide classroom into two teams: Israel & Judah.
- One question to a side.
- One point if correct.
- About 30 seconds to answer question.
- Incorrect answer counts as answer.
- If first side fails to answer question, second side gets a chance to
answer question without losing their turn.
- What book of the Bible mentions a baseball player who hit ten home
What prophetess led the women of Israel in a victory dance?
- Numbers: "he that gathered least gathered ten homers"
What king had the first birthday party mentioned in the Bible?
- Miriam: "And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took
a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels
and with dances" (Exodus 15:20).
Saul was the first king of Israel. Who was the second? (Hint: It wasn't
- Pharaoh: "And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's
birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants" (Genesis
What harlot assisted two spies by keeping them safe in the town of
Jericho before the attack by the Israelites?
- Ishbosheth: "But Abner the son of Ner, captain of Saul's host,
took Ishbosheth the son of Saul, and brought him over to Mahanaim; And
made him king over Gilead, and over the Ashurites, and over Jezreel, and
over Ephraim, and over Benjamin, and over all Israel. Ishbosheth Saul's
son was forty years old when he began to reign over Israel, and reigned
two years. But the house of Judah followed David" (2 Samuel 2:8-10).
What Egyptian woman was the wife of Joseph?
- Rahab: "And Joshua the son of Nun sent out of Shittim two men
to spy secretly, saying, Go view the land, even Jericho. And they went,
and came into an harlot's house, named Rahab, and lodged there"
What did Isaiah prophesy that Christ would eat?
- Asenath: "Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah; and
he gave him to wife Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On"
What kind of lights did Noah use on the ark?
- Butter & honey: "Butter and honey shall he eat, that he
may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good" (Isaiah 7:15).
What king of Persia issued the decree that the people of Judah could
rebuild their temple?
- Flood lights.
How long after his marriage to Leah did Jacob wait to marry Rachel?
- Cyrus: "Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven
hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to
build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah" (Ezra 1:2;
see Ezra 1:1-4).
This prophet of Moab had a confrontation with his talking donkey.
- Seven days: "Fulfil her week, and we will give thee this also
for the service which thou shalt serve with me yet seven other years. And
Jacob did so, and fulfilled her week: and he gave him Rachel his daughter
to wife also" (Genesis 29:27-28).
Who was David's first wife?
- Balaam: "And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she
said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me
these three times?" (Numbers 22:28; see Numbers 22-24).
What happened to the 250 Israelites led by Korah who revolted against
- Michal: "And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife"
(1 Samuel 18:27).
What barren woman moved her lips in prayer but made no sound?
- The earth split open and swallowed them up: "And the earth
opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the
men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. They, and all that
appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed
upon them: and they perished from among the congregation." (Numbers
Who was the most ambitious man in the Old Testament?
- Hannah: "Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips
moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been
drunken" (1 Samuel 1:13).
What miracle did the Lord perform through Moses at Horeb? a
- Jonah: Even a whale couldn't keep him down.
What Jewish girl became queen of Persia?
- He brought forth water out of a rock: "Behold, I will stand
before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock,
and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses
did so in the sight of the elders of Israel" (Exodus 17:6).
What treacherous son led a revolt against his father, the king of Israel?
- Esther: "And the king loved Esther above all the women, and
she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so
that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen instead of
Vashti" (Esther 2:17).
Who burned the Philistines' grain by tying torches to the tails of
- Absalom: (see 2 Samuel 15).
How do we know Moses understood mathematics?
- Samson: "And Samson went and caught three hundred foxes, and
took firebrands, and turned tail to tail, and put a firebrand in the midst
between two tails.And when he had set the brands on fire, he let them go
into the standing corn of the Philistines, and burnt up both the shocks,
and also the standing corn, with the vineyards and olives." (Judges
What is the name of the Jewish Old Testament?
What future king of Israel fled from Solomon and hid in Egypt?
- Because he wrote Numbers.
What king of Judah was blinded and imprisoned because he defied Babylonian
- Jeroboam: "Solomon sought therefore to kill Jeroboam. And Jeroboam
arose, and fled into Egypt, unto Shishak king of Egypt, and was in Egypt
until the death of Solomon" (1 Kings 11:40).
Who suggested to Moses that he appoint judges so the he would not have
to judge all cases himself?
- Zedekiah: "So they took the king, and brought him up to the
king of Babylon to Riblah; and they gave judgment upon him. And they slew
the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes, and put out the eyes of Zedekiah,
and bound him with fetters of brass, and carried him to Babylon"
(2 Kings 25:6-7).
How many Philistines were at the celebration when Samson brought the
ceiling down upon them?
- Jethro, his father-in-law: (see Exodus 18).
Who made the longest walk on record?
- 3000: "Now the house was full of men and women; and all the
lords of the Philistines were there; and there were upon the roof about
three thousand men and women, that beheld while Samson made sport"
What former member of the Egyptian court killed an Egyptian official?
- Enoch. He walked with God 300 years: "And Enoch walked with
God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters"
What nation was Israel fighting when Moses' arms, held aloft, caused
Israel to win?
- Moses: "And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown,
that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he
spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren. And he looked
this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the
Egyptian, and hid him in the sand" (Exodus 2:11-12).
What did the people of Nineveh have difficulty in discerning according
to the Lord?
- Amalek: "And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand,
that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed"
Is it a man's or a woman's responsibility to do the dishes?
- Their right hands from their left: "And should not I spare
Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons
that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand"
What sneaky Israelite confessed that he had stolen goods from fallen
- A man's: "I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping
it, and turning it upside down" (2 Kings 21:13).
Elijah was nurtured by an angel after his flight from Israel's evil
queen. Who was the queen?
- Achan: "And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have
sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done"
Who had a vision of the Ancient of Days seated upon a throne?
- Jezebel: (see 1 Kings 19:1-8).
What everyday substance was changed into a plague of lice?
- Daniel: "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the
Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair
of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and
his wheels as burning fire" (Daniel 7:9).
Who are the first two females mentioned in the Bible after Eve?
- Dust: "And the LORD said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch
out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become lice throughout
all the land of Egypt. And they did so; for Aaron stretched out his hand
with his rod, and smote the dust of the earth, and it became lice in man,
and in beast; all the dust of the land became lice throughout all the land
of Egypt" (Exodus 8:16-17).
If Moses had dropped his rod in the Nile, what would it have become?
- Adah and Zillah, wives of Lamech: "And Lamech took unto him
two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah"
Since Methuselah was the oldest man in the Bible, why did he die before
What did Moses cast into the bitter water at Marah to make it sweet?
- Enoch, his father, never died--he was taken into heaven.
What birds fed Elijah in the wilderness?
- A tree: "And when they came to Marah, they could not drink
of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it
was called Marah. And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall
we drink? And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which
when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he
made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them"
Who said, "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer?
What Old Testament prophet mentions the Lord's "book of remembrance"?
- Ravens: "And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning,
and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook" (1
How did Adam and Eve feel when they left the garden?
- Malachi: "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to
another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance
was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought
upon his name" (Malachi 3:16).
Who said, "Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken
than the fat of rams"?
- A little put out.
Who said, "God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my
bones from hence"?
What did God send to destroy the vine that shaded the sulking prophet
- Samuel: (1 Samuel 15:22).
What bird does Jeremiah compare to a man who gains riches by unjust
- A worm: "But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the
next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered" (Jonah 4:7).
Who did God address from a whirlwind?
- A partridge that hatches eggs it does not lay: "As the partridge
sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and
not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end
shall be a fool" (Jeremiah 17:11).
On what mountain did Elijah challenge the priests of Baal?
- Job: "Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind"
Why couldn't Cain please God with his offering?
- Carmel: "Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto
mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the
prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table."
(1 Kings 18:19).
Who is the first king mentioned in the Bible?
- He just wasn't Abel.
- King James.
The Complete Book of Bible Trivia, J. Stephen
Celestial Pursuit (Game), Randall Book
Page created by: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please E-Mail comments.
Changes last made on: Sat Dec 19 1998